Thursday, May 8, 2008

What Do I Do All Day??



Good Question.

My family has been asking that question a lot. Each day is a bit different and it’s been pretty busy. Let me give you my schedule:
8:00am Breakfast in the Cafeteria
8:30am Morning Prayer with the College Community
9:15am` RFM (Renewal For Ministry) Prayer
9:30am Class till Noon. (“tea break” in between)
12:15pm Mass with the College Community
1:00pm Lunch
2:00pm Class till 3:00pm (no “tea” break.)

As you can see the day is full. I thought I had Friday off…WRONG. Classes are scheduled on Friday, but not in the afternoon.

My exercise consists of walking and I do that in the afternoon with a walk to the city center or St. Steven’s Green or to the Museum, Gallery, etc. Today, May 8th, a number of us toured the international headquarters of the “Sisters of Mercy” founded here in Dublin in 1831. (We took the bus for most of the way, then walked.)


The Spiritual Focus

I do believe that there’s divine wisdom in small things. I found a prayer card the first day in our community room with a quote from Pope Benedict XVI. This quote has been my inspiration each day and I’d like to share it:

“And only where God is seen does life truly begin. Only when we meet the living God in Christ do we know what life is. We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is the result of a thought of God. Each of us is willed, each of us is loved, each of us is necessary. There’s nothing more beautiful than to be surprised by the Gospel, by the encounter with Christ. There is nothing more beautiful than to know Him and to speak to others of our friendship with him.”

This has been the important focus of my sabbatical spiritual journey so far. I’ll keep you up to date…
From Dublin….Fr. Pat.

2 comments:

Janet Hopper said...

Awesome quote! I am glad your days are filled with good things. It looks beautiful there. It is cool and cloudy here...I wish I was there too!
Hugs, Janet Hopper

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.