Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Day at Tantur in Israel




Left: Archaeological dig South of Bethlehem showing the Herodian; King Herod's summer palace and government site.
Right: In the Cisterns beneath the "archaeological dig" showing the water supply tunnels and strategic planning by the builders.
.
I shared my day’s schedule in Ireland, what’s happening here? The day in Israel begins with breakfast ending at 8:30 followed by class, lecture or a tour that concludes about 11:30. Today we celebrated Eucharist at 11:45am with lunch at 12:30. The remainder of the afternoon is free for personal reading, reflection, field trips or other projects. (Today we visited the excavations of the summer palace of King Herod in the first century. See pictures above.)

Evening prayer is at 5:30pm followed by supper, and talk time with the sabbatical group and leaders. After this time I keep up with e-mails and this blog. It’s been a great experience and It’s going to be an adjustment getting back into the parish schedule again. Not having the pressures has been terrific, but I do miss you all!!.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Fr. Pat I'm glad your trip went well! I hope you took pictures to share with everyone. Good luck with the remainder of your trip and have a wonderful trip home!
Colleen Deitte