Sunday, June 1, 2008

Phase One Comes To An End

My program at All Hallow’s College is over. It was a terrific experience for all of us. Yes, my diploma is signed and I did go to class! The highlights included a terrific group of people to reflect with, but the content of the Celtic Spirituality and the spirituality in art, music and literature were areas I had never explored before. What a gift to be able to do this!! To see God’s hand and hear God’s message in art and literature. These are pretty new areas for me.

The sections on Pastoral Care and Ministry were also excellent. Actually I can’t think of an area I really didn’t like.

If anyone’s interested I think I’d like to get a program going where a local artist would spend a class or two pulling out the spirituality in some art for members of the parish. If you’d attend something like that, please let me know when I return.

In reflection I can say that this first month was like a personal retreat and a true encounter with God. It’s been a spiritual boost for me and being in a distant land with new friends and strangers that I don’t know has challenged me to look within. Again, what a gift.

No comments: